Monday 1 June 2015

Two Weeks Out

Two weeks today I will be boarding a big jet plane to begin my adventure. There is so much left to do I don't even know where to begin! I have to pack, I have to plan, and most importantly I need to enjoy the next two weeks and spend some time with the delegates before I leave!
June 15th, wow that's not very far away! My first stop is Glasgow, Scotland where someone very important to me will be picking me up. That very important person is my Great Aunt Patsy! I am very excited for this as I haven't seen her in 3 years! While I am in Scotland I will be attending the Highland Show in Edinburgh where I will get to visit with many of my delegate friends that have been here over the past 2 years! I am so excited to get together with old friends again as well as to see the Highland Show, past delegates as well as previous exchangees have all raved about how amazing it is!
Next big dates are June 24th and June 26th. On June 24th I will be flying from Edinburgh to Zürich, Switzerland and my exchange begins with orientation in Zürich on June 26th. After that its all up in the air! I've been told that I will have 4-6 host families over the 3 months and I can expect to attend young farmer events, be shown around the area that I'm in, attend other local events as well as help out with work around the farm. I haven't figured out what specifically I want to see in Switzerland but I have some ideas. I look forward to seeing the Alps, the farms, old war sites, museums, and anything and everything else! After that my exchange ends on September 23rd.
After that my plans are pretty open. I want to travel the countries around Switzerland; Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, Austria, and Holland working my way back to Glasgow. I'm hoping I also have time to fit in a stop in Whales and Ireland!
So, basically I'm open to suggestions!
Stay tuned for up dates and feel free to make suggestions in where to go and what to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment